These guidelines are for MFT licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use MFT’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of the “MFT” Logo for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of MFT may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws. Use of MFT trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of an MFT trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are an MFT Authorized Reseller or member of an MFT program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
MFT’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using an MFT trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that MFT is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with MFT’s rights in the trademark, including challenging MFT’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any MFT trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of an MFT trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to MFT. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please talk to your MFT representative or submit your query to MFT’s Trademark Department.
Authorized Use of MFT Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only MFT and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the MFT Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the MFT Logo only as specified in their agreement with MFT and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with MFT. For example:
2. Compatibility: Developers may use MFT, or any other MFT word mark (but not the MFT Logo or other MFT-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced MFT product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements.
3. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use an MFT word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ CONFERENCE for MFT Users.
b. The use reflects favorably on both MFT and MFT products or technology.
c. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the MFT word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
d. The MFT logo or any other MFT-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from MFT.
e. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by MFT, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorised, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Mobile Force Technology Sdn Bhd.”
f. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of MFT’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
5. MFT Web Badge Licensing Program: Web sites may use one of the MFT Web Badges if the site uses or was created using MFT-branded hardware or software and you comply with the terms of the MFT Web Badges License Agreement and Guidelines. For more information see MFT Web Badges.
Unauthorized Use of MFT Trademarks
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, MFT, edecasia, MCTIS, or any other MFT trademark, including MFT-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. MFT Logo and MFT-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the MFT Logo or any other MFT-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from MFT, such as a reseller agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use an image of a real MFT or other variation of the MFT logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of an MFT trademark for any purpose. For example:
Not acceptable: MF.T M.C.T.I.S MFT Cart MFT Mart
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use an MFT trademark or any other MFT-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use MFT, MCTIS, or any other MFT trademark, including MFT-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply MFT’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing MFT, edecasia, MCTIS or any other MFT trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from MFT.
7. MFT’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive MFT packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
8. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate an MFT slogan or tagline.
For example: “New Way For Declaration”
9. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical MFT trademark as a second level domain name.
Not acceptable: “MFT.com” “MFT mctis.com” “customs-MFT.com” “MFT Smart.com”
Rules for Proper Use of MFT Trademarks
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
Correct: I subscribed MFT declaration.
Not Correct: I subscribed eMFT declaration.
3. An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that. For a list of suggested generic terms see the MFT Trademark List.
4. Always spell and capitalize MFT’s trademarks exactly as they are shown in the MFT Trademark List. Do not shorten or abbreviate MFT product names. Do not make up names that contain MFT trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Within the Malaysia Only.
a. On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the Malaysia, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the MFT trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
b. Refer to the MFT Trademark List for the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark (except the MFT Logo, where the logo appears at the right foot).
c. Include an attribution of MFT’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of Mobile Force Technology Sdn Bhd. _________ and _______ are trademarks of Mobile Force Technology Sdn Bhd.
2. Distribution Outside the Malaysia:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the Malaysia.
b. Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of Mobile Force Technology Sdn Bhd., registered in the Malaysia and other countries.
_________ is a trademark of Mobile Force Technology Sdn Bhd.
Depictions of MFT Products
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship: MFT does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of MFT products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that MFT endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
2. Compatibility: If you are a developer, you may show an image of an MFT product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the MFT product or technology, provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. Your product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced MFT product.
b. The image is an actual photograph of the genuine MFT product and not an artist’s rendering (Note: You must obtain express written permission from MFT before using any photograph owned or licensed by MFT).
c. The MFT product is shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favorably on the MFT products and on Mobile Force Technology Sdn Bhd.
d. The reference to MFT does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association with, MFT or MFT products.
For further information with respect to MFT’s copyrights, please submit your request in writing to the Copyright Team.